Mandate of Club: To aid and encourage the development of youth in Collingwood and the Southern Georgian Bay area while promoting Optimism as a philosophy of life.
Applications for Grants are to include:
· Name of Applicant (Individual or Organization)
· If an organization, name of contact person, address, phone, email and website
Key points to include in the Application:
· How many youths will be impacted by the funding?
· Other sources of funding – individual donations, bingo, private fund-raising, service clubs, government grants (municipal, provincial or federal) and any other sources of funding
· Purpose of funding requested
· Budget detailing funding expenditures
· Is it an on-going program?
· Self help and investment towards required funds
· Any recognition to the Optimist Club such as invitation to event or a board meeting or AGM, acknowledgement at the event, letter to editor, report of program results, advertising, newsletter or other acknowledgement
Oral Presentation (max. 10 minutes)
Upon receipt of your application, we may request a representative to attend one of our meetings to present your project to our membership which would include a brief Q & A.
Eligibility and funding of requests will be determined by a majority vote of the Club members.
Required – accountability report (how funds were used) must be provided to the Optimist Club of Collingwood and Southern Georgian Bay.
We extend an open invitation to any applicants who may wish to join our Club.